I committed to 10 fingers of striping tape tonight. I found it a weird mix of easy and difficult. It’s easy because it clings nicely to the base coat and even re-sticks if you need to adjust. I found it difficult to figure out exactly where it looked right proportionally. Plus I put it over a nearly dry base coat that still had the ability to be smudged, which meant handling the spool and trimming off lengths of tape was tricky. I trimmed my nails down because I was clicking too much when I type. But in hindsight I think the striped tips would have looked better on longer nails. Oh well, nothing to be done about that now.
Cleanup was especially tricky. I was a little unsure of how close I could get to my nail with the acetone swab without lifting the tape. So I’m stuck with some residual cuticle flooding. Hopefully most of it will come off in the shower tomorrow. This photo is a little shy on lighting but every direct light shot I took was way too shiny and the detail was lost.
Oh yeah, and I’m trying out OPI Nail Envy nail strengthening base coat. I put on two coats before the base color and I’m hoping it’ll wear like a charm. Here’s hoping for no chipping or staining.